Island Lake Lodge in Fernie BC is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7000-acres of spectacular land. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls, ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake Lodge a superb ski touring destination.
Scheduled Day Trip Dates 2018 – 2019 Season*:
- Daily from December 16th – 24th 2018
- Daily from December 30th 2018 – January 2nd 2019
- Daily from April 2nd – 6th 2019
*Please call and check for availability
Price: $199 per person
Group Size: The guest to guide ratio is maximum 6:1. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12 per day.
Skill Level: Strong intermediate to advanced skier with good fitness and the ability to climb up hill on skis.
Day Ski Itinerary:
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, have a quick breakfast, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge and enjoy an après beer.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
Food and Beverage:
- Guests will receive coffee, tea, fruit, and muffins / pastry on arrival at the lodge.
- Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Guests will receive one Fernie Brewing Company beer on return to the lodge at the end of the day.
Prerequisites: Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills.
- Ski touring equipment list PDF Here – Ski Touring Equipment List
- Equipment Rental: Island Lake is able to rent personal safety equipment including a transceiver, shovel and probe for $25.
Ski touring equipment can be rented at the following locations:
- Fully certified IFMGA and / or ACMG ski guide service.
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain.
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies).
Not included in the price:
- Lunch and snacks.
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard.
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe). These items are available for rental for $25 + tax.
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance.
Trip Cancellation: A non-refundable 25% deposit is due at the time of booking. Final payment is required 14 days prior to your touring date. Booking: For more information on ski touring or to book at trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at email@example.com.
From Our Customers
I've been skiing for more than 40 years and the deepest powder I have ever skied was at Island Lake Catskiing.