Hiking in the Rocky Mountains around Fernie B.C. is simply spectacular.
The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities. Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna.
Guided Hiking Rates:
- Half Day Interpretive Hike – $20 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
We do have some scheduled hikes as well this coming summer.
* Sunday, June 15th – Fathers Day (Tam View or Lake Trail depending on weather)
* Saturday, June 21st – Big White Peak hike
* Sunday July 6th – Island Lake – Windy Pass
* Sunday, July 13th – Tamarack Viewpoint – Kids Hike
* Sunday July 20th – Rocky Way – Mt Fernie – ILL
* Saturday August 2nd – Heiko’s Trail
* Sunday August 3rd – Lizard Lake Trail
* Sunday August 17th – Lizard Lake – Cabin Bowl Loop
* Sunday August 24th – Spineback Ridge Trail
* Monday Sept 1st – Heiko’s Trail
* Sunday Sept 14th – Rocky Way – Mt Fernie – ILL
From Our Customers
Prepare to be wowed!
Endless trails begin outside your room and the food is delicious and well prepared. The fresh, green, wilderness smell at Island Lake Lodge will soothe even the most weary souls.