Hiking in the Rocky Mountains around Fernie B.C. is simply spectacular.
The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities. Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna of the area. We do have some scheduled hikes listed below, but can book a hike for your group as well.
Guided Hiking Rates:
– Half Day Interpretive Hike – $20 per person (Minimum 2 people)
– Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
Call for pricing on off-property hikes including Heiko’s
2016 Hiking Series Schedule:
- Sunday, June 19th – Fathers Day (Tam View or Lake Trail depending on weather)
- Sunday, July 3rd – Big White Peak hike (Glacier Lilies are out!)
- Sunday, July 17th – Heiko’s Trail
- Sunday, July 31st – Tamarack Viewpoint – Kids Hike
- Sunday, August 7th – Heiko’s Trail – (Prime Wildflowers in the Alpine)
- Sunday, August 21st – Lizard Lake – Cabin Bowl Loop
- Monday, August 29th – Big White Peak hike
- Sunday, Sept 11th – Heiko’s Trail
From Our Customers
Kudos to all your staff for their wonderful and gracious hospitality. I was particularly impressed that everyone addressed us by our first names from the moment we arrived until we departed.
Did I mention "kudos to all"? That includes all the folks in leadership who set up your system and motivate your people to make for such a wonderful guest experience.