Hiking in the Rocky Mountains around Fernie B.C. is simply spectacular.
The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities. Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna of the area. We do have some scheduled hikes listed below, but can book a hike for your group as well.
Guided Hiking Rates:
- Half Day Interpretive Hike – $20 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
2015 Hiking Series Schedule:
- Sunday, June 21st – Fathers Day (Tam View or Lake Trail depending on weather)
- Sunday, June 28th – Big White Peak hike (Glacier Lilies are out!)
- Sunday, July 5th – Heiko’s Trail
- Sunday, July 19th – Tamarack Viewpoint – Kids Hike
- Sunday, August 2nd – Heiko’s Trail – (Prime Wildflowers in the Alpine)
- Sunday, August 16th – Lizard Lake – Cabin Bowl Loop
- Monday, August 31st – Spineback Ridge Trail
- Sunday, Sept 13th – Heiko’s Trail
From Our Customers
Prepare to be wowed!
Endless trails begin outside your room and the food is delicious and well prepared. The fresh, green, wilderness smell at Island Lake Lodge will soothe even the most weary souls.