Island Lake is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7,000-acre property during the 2015/16. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls and ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake a superb backcountry-touring destination.
We will be scheduling single day ski touring on these dates:
- Dec. 19, 20
- Jan 23, 24
- Feb 20, 21
- Mar 12, 13
Please call and ask about dates outside of this schedule. If a guide is available, we will try to make it work.
- Island Lake offers single day tours as well as 2-night/2 day, 3-night/3 day and 4 night/4 day trips out of the lodge. Overnight trips will be based on availability of lodging.
- The guest to ACMG certified guide ratio is 6:1.
- The nature of the ski tour can be catered to the group’s wishes. We can tailor the tour to ski focused or instructional, terrain and snowpack evaluation or a combination of needs.
- We provide Mammut Barryvox Pulse Transceivers. Other avalanche gear may be available upon request.
Single Day Trips:
- Single day tours will be transported to the lodge at approximately 7 am and depart the lodge at 4:30 pm.
- Single day trips will receive coffee, tea and fruit on arrival at the lodge. Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Ski Touring Day Rates: (7 – 10 Guests – $99 per person) – (3 – 6 Guests – $129 per person) – (2 Guests – $225 per person)
Multi Day Trips:
- Multi-day trips will only be available in April. You will arrive at 5 pm and will be transported to the lodge, with the ski tour program commencing the following morning. Multi-day tours will depart the lodge at 4:30 on the last day of the tour.
- Multi-day trips require a minimum of 6 people and include: 3 meals per day, accommodation, guides and use of lodge facilities – including the hot-tub. We will do our best to cater to your date request.
- Ski Touring Multi-Day Rates: $275 per person, per night (includes 1 day of guided ski touring and 1 night) Minimum 6 guests
From Our Customers
I've been skiing for more than 40 years and the deepest powder I have ever skied was at Island Lake Catskiing.