Spring Ski Touring
We are happy to offer guided, snowcat assisted ski touring in the spring!
Island Lake is pleased to now offer cat-assisted, guided ski touring on our 7,000-acre property during April 2013. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls and ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake a superb backcountry-touring destination.
- Ski Touring will be available after April 1 st and is dependant on conditions.
- Island Lake offers single day tours as well as 2-night/2 day, 3-night/3 day and 4 night/4 day trips out of the lodge.
- Single day tours will be transported to the lodge at approximately 7 am and depart the lodge at 4:30 pm.
- Multi-day trips will arrive at 5 pm and will be transported to the lodge, with the ski tour program commencing the following morning. Multi-day tours will depart the lodge at 4:30 on the last day of the tour. Single and Multi-day trips will get a lift by cat into our terrain on each morning of the tour.
- Single day trips will receive coffee, tea and fruit on arrival at the lodge. Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Multi-day trips require a minimum of 5 people and include: 3 meals per day, accommodation, guides and use of lodge facilities – including the hot-tub. We will do our best to cater to your date request.
- Groups of 1-6 will include a full ACMG certified Ski Guide. Groups of 6-12 will include a full ACMG certified Ski Guide and an assistant guide. Groups of expert and novice skiers will be catered for.
- The nature of the ski tour can be catered to the group’s wishes. We can tailor the tour to ski focused or instructional, terrain and snowpack evaluation or a combination of wishes.
- We provide Mammut Barryvox Pulse Transceivers. Other avalanche gear is available upon request.