We are happy to now offer guided ski touring!
Island Lake is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7,000-acre property during the 2015/16. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls and ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake a superb backcountry-touring destination.
We will be scheduling single day ski touring on these dates:
- Dec. 19, 20
- Jan 23, 24
- Feb 20, 21
- Mar 12, 13
Please call and ask about dates outside of this schedule. If a guide is available, we will try to make it work.
- Island Lake offers single day tours as well as 2-night/2 day, 3-night/3 day and 4 night/4 day trips out of the lodge. Overnight trips will be based on availability of lodging.
- The guest to ACMG certified guide ratio is 6:1.
- The nature of the ski tour can be catered to the group’s wishes. We can tailor the tour to ski focused or instructional, terrain and snowpack evaluation or a combination of needs.
- We provide Mammut Barryvox Pulse Transceivers. Other avalanche gear may be available upon request.
Single Day Trips:
- Single day tours will be transported to the lodge at approximately 7 am and depart the lodge at 4:30 pm.
- Single day trips will receive coffee, tea and fruit on arrival at the lodge. Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Ski Touring Day Rates: (7 – 10 Guests – $99 per person) – (3 – 6 Guests – $129 per person) – (2 Guests – $225 per person)
Multi Day Trips:
- Multi-day trips will only be available in April. You will arrive at 5 pm and will be transported to the lodge, with the ski tour program commencing the following morning. Multi-day tours will depart the lodge at 4:30 on the last day of the tour.
- Multi-day trips require a minimum of 6 people and include: 3 meals per day, accommodation, guides and use of lodge facilities – including the hot-tub. We will do our best to cater to your date request.
- Ski Touring Multi-Day Rates: $275 per person, per night (includes 1 day of guided ski touring and 1 night) Minimum 6 guests
From Our Customers
Greatest Ski Experience Ever
My friends and I travelled from Ontario to have the greatest skiing experience EVER...it paid off!!! Thanks to the great terrain and more importantly the incredible guides and staff, we truly had the trip of a lifetime.