Island Lake Lodge in Fernie BC is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7000-acres of spectacular land. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls, ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake Lodge a superb ski touring destination.
Scheduled Day Trip Dates 2017 – 18 Season:
- December 30 – January 1
- January 20, 21
- February 24, 25
- March 17, 18
- March 28 – April 2nd
Price: $149 per person
Group Size: The guest to guide ratio is maximum 6:1. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12 per day.
Skill Level: Strong intermediate to advanced skier with good fitness and the ability to climb up hill on skis. For beginners try January 21 – Introduction to ski touring.
Day Ski Itinerary:
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
Food and Beverage:
- Guests will receive coffee, tea, fruit, and muffins / pastry on arrival at the lodge.
- Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Guests will receive one Fernie Brewing Company beer on return to the lodge at the end of the day.
Prerequisites: Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills.
- Ski touring equipment list PDF Here – Ski Touring Equipment List
- Equipment Rental: Ski touring equipment can be rented at the following locations:
- Fully certified IFMGA and / or ACMG ski guide service.
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain.
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies).
Not included in the price:
- Lunch and snacks.
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard.
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe).
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance.
Trip Cancellation: A non-refundable full payment is required 7 days prior to your touring date.Booking: For more information on ski touring or to book at trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Our Customers
Greatest Ski Experience Ever
My friends and I travelled from Ontario to have the greatest skiing experience EVER...it paid off!!! Thanks to the great terrain and more importantly the incredible guides and staff, we truly had the trip of a lifetime.