Island Lake Lodge in Fernie BC is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7000-acres of spectacular land. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls, ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake Lodge a superb ski touring destination.
Scheduled Day Trip Dates 2016-2017 Season:
- December 28 – January 1
- January 14, 15
- February 18
- February 19
- March 11, 12
- March 25 – close
- **January 15 – Introduction to ski touring
Price: Day trips: $129 per person
Overnight Trips: Overnight trips are offered from March 25 to closing. Contact the Island Lake Reservation Team for more information on overnight stays.
Group Size: The guest to guide ratio is maximum 6:1. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12 per day.
Skill Level: Strong intermediate to advanced skier with good fitness and the ability to climb up hill on skis. For beginners try January 15 – Introduction to ski touring.
Day Ski Itinerary:
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
- Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills.
- For first timers, we recommend the introduction to ski touring day on January 15th.
Ski touring equipment list PDF Here – Ski Touring Equipment List
Equipment Rental: Ski touring equipment can be rented at the following locations:
- Fully certified IFMGA and / or ACMG ski guide service.
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain.
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies).
Not included in the price:
- Lunch and snacks.
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard.
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe).
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance.
Booking: For more information on ski touring or to book at trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at email@example.com.
Trip Cancellation: A non-refundable full payment is required 7 days prior to your touring date.
From Our Customers
I have gone to many cat/heli operations in the past but this is the top notch!
This is my return trip to Island Lake and this time 8 from Japan have joined me. Seclusion, access to variety ski terrains, snowfall, food and the entire experiences are very well balanced, and supported by professionals.