Island Lake Lodge has been called one of the most unique and authentic places to stay in Canada by National Geographic Traveler Magazine. Over more then 25 years of operations, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. From a unique culinary program, to cat-skiing, biking, hiking, full spa and dedicated staff, Island Lake is a gem of the Canadian Rockies. If you are looking for a fun and inspiring work environment- drop us your resume!
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
The Line Cook has culinary, organizational and cleaning responsibilities in which to excel in order to successfully conduct all the assigned duties. Strong background and valuable experience in the culinary field combined with excellent interpersonal skills are needed for this position. Strong proven record in teamwork and team building is necessary.
Professional skills Monitoring skills –Time management –Management of resources –Good communication abilities –Active listening and learning
Personal skills Attention to detail –Initiative – Flexibility –Good stress tolerance –Works perfect in team
Successful candidates will:
- Make sure the sanitation and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish
- Make sure that the equipment is in good condition and report any malfunction before it affects the staff or the guests
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Knowledge in wild, local and organic products beneficial
- Experience in fine dining is an asset
- Culinary school diploma or trade certificate is a an asset
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
Check out these Perks!
-Complimentary (sometimes gourmet) staff meals
-Staff discounts on food, drinks and merchandise
-Product deals and discounts from our amazing suppliers
-A chance to go Cat-skiing!
-You get to work in one of the most unique and authentic lodges in Canada
-Did we mention the view? It’s pretty awesome as well!
Our spectacular Winter Season runs from early December to the end of March.
If you’re looking for a fun and inspiring work environment this Winter, email your resume to HR@islandlakeresorts.com
All applicants must have a valid Canadian work Visa.
Watch a video about some of our Characters around the lodge! – The Characters of Island Lake