June 16 – 18 Untamed Kootenays Culinary Event
Island Lake Lodge is pleased to announce the first annual – Untamed Kootenays Culinary Event. June 16-18
Fernie’s Island Lake Lodge is well-established as a premiere Canadian destination, attracting visitors from all corners of the globe who come for various outdoor activities and the stunning backcountry terrain within the Lizard Range. However, on June 16 – 18, 2017, the Lodge is inviting new and returning guests to experience Fernie’s culinary talent with a weekend of local flavours and fares known as the Untamed Kootenays event. During the weekend, the Tamarack Dining Room will welcome food lovers to dine on Lodge-made gourmet, created with an abundance of ingredients sourced and foraged from the surrounding Elk Valley.
To further elevate this summit of Kootenay cuisine, Island Lake’s Chef Keith Farkas has invited two notable Calgary chefs to join him in the kitchen for the first annual affair. Award-winning Chef Justin Leboe, proprietor of Model Milk and Pigeonhole, and winner of Enroute Magazine’s Best New Restaurant in Canada in 2015, along with Executive Chef John Paul Pedhirney of the highly acclaimed Bridgette Bar will be joining Farkas to create an unforgettable weekend showcasing the culinary wealth found within the region.
Guests will have the chance to immerse themselves in mountain culture with two full days that include two impressive dinners, along with an opportunity to explore the area on guided hikes, relax in the spa, and kick back on the patio with exclusive samplings from Fernie Brewing Co. and BC Wine Studio – the winemakers behind the Lodge’s new house wines and bubbles.
Spots are limited for this impressive event with 30 seats per dinner and 15 rooms for guests wishing to spend the weekend exploring the culinary offerings and scenic natural surroundings. Anyone wishing to reserve their spot is encouraged to contact Island Lake Lodge at their earliest convenience.
Read about the participating chefs here
- Friday Night – Wine Makers Dinner (6 – 9 pm) hosted by BC Wine Studio. Wine maker Mark Simpson will give a talk about winery process and select vintages with pairings for each course. The Island Lake chef team will showcase 4 courses with 4 select wines.
- Saturday – Day Activities: Forage with chefs in the forest, then help prepare the finds and or take part in a 1/2 day guided hike. If you would prefer some R & R time, Spa Specials will be available.
- Saturday Night – Chef Showcase – (6 – 10 pm) – 5 courses prepared by 5 chefs. 3 in-house Island Lake Chefs and 2 guest Chefs. Each chef prepares a course with a local “Kootenay ” theme.
Sunday – Departure Brunch 8 – 10 am. Spa specials and guided hiking will also be available on this day.
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 dinners with wine
- 2 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Saturday)
- ILL Cookbook
- $999 – Per Couple – Red Eagle
- $1,049 – Per Couple – Deluxe
- $1,119 – Per Couple – Deluxe View Rooms
Dinner only – Friday Night – $129 pp (includes wine with dinner)
Dinner only – Saturday Night – $149 pp (includes wine with dinner)
Limited availability for both accommodation packages and dinner tickets. Call now to reserve your spot! 1-888-422-8754